OVERALL HOSPITALITY PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
Hospitality and tourism among other sectors, has been identified as priority sector of TVET, it is in this regard that, Hospitality unit in IPRC-Ngoma has objectives of equipping with all necessary skills and competencies that hospitality students need through national workforce in order to enhance creativity, competitiveness and employability through strong and dynamic TVET system.
Always tuned to create a vast impact with a unique spotlight on finest practice and a culture of excellence and satisfaction in every way possible by providing education excellence through TVET system.
To create and refine hospitality business managers and leaders by providing excellent education for academic growth, industry experience and career enhancing opportunity and by encouraging social interaction and development of student unity within hospitality program in IPRC-Ngoma.
The department is divided in four main trades known in the hotel management as operational departments such as Front office, Housekeeping, Food and beverages services and Kitchen
The department also composed by lecturers, instructors, workshop assistant.
The Department offers Technical, vocational and education training courses in hospitality at all levels, Short courses in vocational training courses for school leavers, unskilled and unemployed population focusing on knowledge, skills and attitude and entrepreneurial skills for their welfare.
This will enhance Job creativeness, competitiveness and employability.A1 Diploma level (Advanced Diploma) in hospitality especially in hotel management, the student is equipped with knowledge, skills and attitude so that at the end of the program student will be able to:
– Demonstrate principles of leadership and management in the operation of a hospitality business
– Appraise and illustrate how to mitigate risk associated with hotel operations and the principles of hospitality law
– Demonstrate a general understanding of hospitality yield management, sales, marketing and event management
– Apply property management system (PMS) in hospitality businesses
– Recognize the importance of outstanding guest service quality, server-guest relationships, and ethics
– Demonstrate effective written and interpersonal communication skills
– Recognize the importance of goal setting and team-building
– Demonstrate awareness of the various career opportunities and options within the hospitality industry
HEAD OF HOPSITALITY UNIT
Tel: +(250) 788 405604
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org